Summer has definitely arrived, it’s time to try some new ideas to keep your waistline and health in order. If you’re like me, you almost HAVE to try new things to trick your body into getting or staying lean. Well, here’s a list of newer ideas this summer to try! If you’ve seen me recently I’ve lost nearly 20 lbs since February and here is some of the ways that I have accomplished it.
#1 Zen Shape Diet Supplement
This supplement is the first all-natural diet supplement that actually worked for me. It allows me to eat like a normal person with some carbs in the mix and yet still lose weight. It’s the first supplement that helps control my leptin and blood sugar levels (which are a constant source of stress for me.) Featured in Forbes Magazine as one of the most effective weight loss supplements on the market, it’s main effective ingredient is African Mango seed extract. To get your hands on it, click here. Here’s a video with more information:
#2 The Dukan Diet
This diet originated from a French doctor, named Pierre Dukan. It is a new twist on low carb dieting that works with short windows of high-protein, low-carb eating that eventually roll into normal eating without weight gain. It easier to follow than Atkins or other versions of low-carb dieting because you change each phase of the diet just about the time you get sick of it. Additionally, the long term success rate is phenomenal. You can do this diet by buying his book (click here for that) or just signing up on his website (click here for that.) The web program is pretty inexpensive and has great support built into it.
#3 High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT)
A truly fantastic way to get lean and cut quickly and effectively, HIIT training sessions are truly done at your personal pace. They seem like scary ways to burn fat but if you give these types of workouts the test, the results alone can keep you going. These workouts blend cardio at your own pace with weights all in a single session, optimizing your time and your workout. My personal favorite spots for this workout style are the following:
St Louis Crossfit – don’t let the word Crossfit scare you here, they have fantastic classes for all skill levels
Shred 415 – a truly clean, awesome environment with wonderfully supportive staff. Even though this is tough workout, you are encouraged to work at your own comfortable pace.
#4 Reserve Antioxidant Fruit Blend
I wrote weeks ago about how Antioxidants benefit your skin, this supplement goes WAY beyond helping slow the aging process. With only 13 calories and 2 grams of sugar, it repairs your body from the inside out. You can grab some at this website, to get the best deal on it, sign up as a preferred customer.
It is a powerful mix of the following:
- Resveratrol – one of the most effective anti-aging products on the market today, found in many berries and highly concentrated in this
- Dark Sweet Cherry Juice – helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels and reduce inflammation in the body
- Aloe Vera – helps maintain healthy sugar management and also reduces inflammation in the body
- Pomegranate Juice – an amazing antioxidant that helps maintain heart health
- Green Tea Extract – provides amazing immune system support
- Blueberry Juice – is a significant source of anthocyanins, which the NCBI has done a study showing the following demonstrable benefits: protection against liver injuries, significant reduction of blood pressure, improvement of eyesight, strong anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial activities, inhibition of mutations caused by mutagens from cooked food, and suppression of proliferation of human cancer cells.
- Grapeseed Extract – a potent source of antioxidants and vitamin E
- Acai Extract – another powerful source of anthocyanins and antioxidants
- Concord Grape Juice – a great natural source of Vitamin C to help immunity and heart health
#5 The FlipBelt
Are you a runner, a walker, a hiker or do you simply hate carrying your stuff into the gym? This amazing device is a must have. It is sweat-wicking, stretchy, secure and easily balances on the body for your activities. Definitely see more on their website here.
#6 Jeunesse AM & PM Essential Multivitamins
These amazing supplements will give you energy during the day without requiring your morning coffee; they will also increase brain function and concentration. It has your probiotics built into the formula and optimized biotin for hair, skin and nails. The PM version reduces your waking during the middle of the night and also helps reverse aging over time. You can grab some at this website, to get the best deal on it, sign up as a preferred customer. Get the energy you need during the day and rest you need at night plus the following:
- Contains powerful vitamins, nutrients, extracts, and antioxidants to help protect your cells from free radical damage
- Supports natural cellular DNA Repair and helps cells function properly
- Helps regulate your body’s natural biorhythm by increasing daily energy and providing a more restful, uninterrupted sleep
- Helps maintain strong nails and healthy hair
- Helps support a healthy immune system
- Helps maintain a healthy body composition
#7 What about something for the kids? Lil’ Ollys Kids MultiVitamin plus Probiotic
This is a simple vitamin gummy that conquers multiple kid issues. It’s not terribly expensive and tastes fantastic. A blend of Vitamins A, C, D, E, B’s & Zinc with probiotics built in, it’s a must have for the kiddos. Check them out here, but you can even pick them up on your next visit to Target.
#8 Grow a TowerGarden!
The absolutely coolest and easiest way to grow organic produce at home. The TowerGarden is a remarkable product that self-feeds and waters, requires NO weeding, and provides highly nutritious fruits and vegetables. Even the organic soil that farmers grow our produce in is losing its’ nutritional value as the soil is used over and over again. This system grows the healthiest produce you could imagine and can even come indoors during the winter and continue to produce with grow lights. I have an amazing rep you can purchase your system from, so if you’re interested in this, buzz me and I’ll get you in touch with them. For more information, here’s the website. Check out the following video on how it works:
#9 Clean Green Eats: 100+ Clean-Eating Recipes to Improve Your Whole Life by Candice Kumai
For all of you clean eating folks out there, this book is a must have. It’s filled with delicious ideas and ways to eat clean. More than 100 recipes! Check it out here!
#10 Protein Popsicles
Grab a homemade popsicle maker and try this great recipe out. You can use it as a meal replacement or a post-workout replenishment snack. It’s so delicious your kids will want one too!
Strawberry-Banana Protein Popsicles
1 1/2 cups strawberries
1/2 cup coconut water
1 cup almond or coconut milk
2 scoops vanilla protein powder
- Slice half a cup of the strawberries and set aside.
- Puree the rest of the ingredients in a blender.
- Add a few slices of strawberries to the bottom of each popsicle mold, fill almost to the top with the pureed mixture, snap on the stick, and freeze for at least 4 hours.
Yield – 6 servings
Cook Time – 4 hours