Esthetics is what we do, but WELLNESS is WHO we are. What does that mean? Let’s start with talking about what exactly does wellness mean.
What is wellness?
- Wellness is a conscious, self-directed and evolving process of achieving full potential
- Wellness is multidimensional and holistic, encompassing lifestyle, mental and spiritual well-being, and the environment
- Wellness is positive and affirming
Wellness is an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence.
Elemental Esthetics was founded with the intent of being different and making a difference in lives. From the moment you walk into our doors, you are greeted with a welcoming smile, offered infused water, chlorophyll water or coffee/tea, and your body begins to experience changes in its frequency due to aromatherapy using therapeutic grade essential oils (carefully and intentionally chosen). Why? Hospitality is important. It is welcoming. It helps you begin to relax, breathe. The beverages we offer they too have health benefits.
With Dr. Walsh, MD
Feel like yourself again!
Through traditional and bio-identical hormone balancing,we are committed to helping women overcome the symptoms of hormone decline to achieve both longevity and wellness.
You could be a candidate for hormone balancing if you suffer from:
- Hot flashes/Vaginal Dryness
- Mood Disturbance
- Weight gain
- Decreased libido
- Mental fog
Make an appointment for an individualized consultation and laboratory evaluation to create a tailored solution to your symptoms.
Maintaining a healthy weight in today’s busy, demanding world is a struggle for many women.
Understanding Why Weight Gain Happens
Understanding the causes of weight gain: medical, psychological and behavioral provides the cornerstone for real and sustainable lifestyle modification that will allow each individual to achieve their own weight and wellness goals.
Determine Your Goals
Whether you’re looking to shed the last ten pounds of baby weight or you’re in need of long-term coaching and medical therapy, Dr. Walsh can help you to create a tailored approach using dietary modification and medication to achieve success. There is no food to buy, gimmicks or other temporary solutions, just lasting change and a new you!
Do you have a long history of attempting to treat pain with traditional medicines, and still have no relief? Schedule your consultation to speak to Dr. Walsh about alternative treatments.
Medical Marijuana FAQ
Will patients registration status be made publicly available?
No. The law prohibits the DHSS, as well as Missouri licensed dispensaries, from making personal identifying information public. Physicians and those employed by dispensaries will be able to verify a patient or caregiver registration.
Will insurance companies cover the cost of certification?
No. Insurance companies do not cover the cost of a certification in Missouri because marijuana is still illegal at the federal level.
Will Missouri accept medical cards from other states?
No. At this time, in order to access medical cannabis in Missouri, you must be a patient in the Missouri medical marijuana program.
Will minors be allowed to become legal cannabis patients in Missouri?
No. You must be 18 years or older and a legal resident of Missouri.
Will I be able to grow my own cannabis?
Patients will be allowed to grow 6 flowering plants in their home. (It must be an enclosed, locked facility that is equipped with security devices that permit access only to the patient/caregiver.) Patients can purchase up to 4 ounces of dried medical marijuana or equivalent. The law requires one not possess more than a 60-day supply of dried marijuana or equivalent unless permitted with written certification from two independent physicians. The fee for the grower card is $100.
Will I be able to go to the pharmacy to fill my medical marijuana prescription?
No, you will only be able to obtain medical marijuana at a Missouri-licensed dispensary facility.
Where will I be able to obtain medical marijuana in Missouri?
Medical marijuana will be available from retail dispensaries licensed by DHSS. Once the DHSS has completed its dispensary licensing process, dispensary locations will be made available on the DHSS website.
When will I receive my Missouri medical marijuana card?
Within 30 days of application, if your application is approved.
How much does it cost to register as a medical marijuana patient in Missouri?
The actual registration with the DHSS (which is separate from certification) will be $25.
What are the qualifying medical conditions that may be treated with medical cannabis in Missouri?
State-licensed cannabis physicians are permitted to recommend marijuana for patients with the following nine qualifying conditions and ALSO ANY ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS a doctor approves.
- Intractable migraines unresponsive to other treatment
- A chronic medical condition that causes severe, persistent pain or persistent muscle spasms, including but not limited to those associated with multiple sclerosis, seizures, Parkinson’s disease, and Tourette’s syndrome
- Debilitating psychiatric disorders, including, but not limited to, post-traumatic stress disorder, if diagnosed by a state licensed psychiatrist
- Human immunodeficiency virus or acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- A chronic medical condition that is normally treated with a prescription medication that could lead to physical or psychological dependence, when a physician determines that medical use of marijuana could be effective in treating that condition and would serve as a safer alternative to the prescription medication
- Any terminal illness AND/OR
- In the professional judgment of a physician, any other chronic, debilitating or other medical condition, including, but not limited to, hepatitis C, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis, inflammatory bowel disease, Crohn’s disease, Huntington’s disease, autism, neuropathies, sickle cell anemia, agitation of Alzheimer’s disease, cachexia and wasting syndrome.
There is no cannabis at this time, why should I get certified now?
Typically, once dispensaries open there becomes a huge influx of requests for patient registration and doctor visits with significant delays for both.
How much will the Missouri medical marijuana certification cost?
The cost for the Missouri Medical Marijuana Certification is $150 for the initial visit. This price includes assistance with paperwork, medical marijuana education, and the doctor’s visit.
How much medical cannabis is a patient allowed?
Purchase: DHSS is to set a limit of not more than 4 ounces of dried marijuana or equivalent in 30-day period (more permitted with written certification from two independent physicians)
Possess: patients are allowed to grow six flowering plants in their homes; possess not more than a 60-day supply of dried marijuana or equivalent (more permitted with written certification from two independent physicians).
How long will a Missouri patient’s certification be valid for?
A patient or caregiver registration will be valid from the date of issuance and expire one year later.
Do I need to register as a medical cannabis patient in Missouri?
Yes. All medical marijuana patients and their caregivers are required to register with the DHSS. At this time the patient registry is not available. Once available, we will post that link and help patients register over the phone or in person at one our clinic locations.
Can I legally possess medical marijuana in Missouri right now?
No. While the Department understands that Missourians are anticipating this form of therapy, Amendment 2 requires a series of steps be executed before Missouri medical marijuana is made available.
How to Get Your Missouri Medical Marijuana Card:
- Liquivida’s signature vitamin IV drip. Designed to improve health in the long term.
Rise & Shine
- Reduces headaches and stops feelings of fatigue or exhaustion after a hangover
- Protects the body and speeds up recovery from an airborne illness such as a cold
Fountain of Youth
- Replenishes the body for noticeably healthier skin, hair and nails
- Empowers cells, slows down aging and produces a brighter, healthier skin glow
THE BENEFITS OF IV THERAPY
- Infused directly into the bloodstream
- Effective way to deliver nutrients, vitamins, and medications
- Bypasses the digestive system
- Administered directly into the bloodstream making nutrients available for immediate use
- Accelerates effectiveness of treatment
- Ensures 100% absorption for maximum effect & minimal waste
Benefit #1: Improve Wellness
When your body has the ideal balance of vitamins and nutrients for normal function, you’ll feel better, get sick less frequently, and enjoy mental clarity.
IV drip therapy improves overall wellness by providing 100% of the vitamins and nutrients your body needs to:
- Improve immune health
- Boost energy levels
- Improve symptoms of depression
- Improve anxiety
- Improve mental clarity and cognitive function
- Reduce the symptoms of migraines
- Improve symptoms of asthma
- Improve allergies
- Combat fatigue
- Accelerate wound healing
- Maintain the strength of muscles and tissues
IV drip therapy is a convenient, efficient way to give your body the support it needs to keep you feeling your best year-round.
Benefit #2: Accentuate Beauty
Beauty starts on the inside!
IV drip therapy can help you look your best by working to:
- Prevent the damaging effects of free radicals
- Slow the aging process
- Strengthen hair, nails, skin, and eyes
- Brighten skin
- Improve blemishes
- Reduce the appearance of wrinkles
Regular treatments of our Beauty IV can slow the natural aging process and help keep your skin, hair, and nails looking radiant and healthy.
Benefit #3: Improve Athletic Performance
Athletes are always seeking that next record and that next goal, pushing their bodies to the limit to succeed. Intensive training is very demanding on the body, requiring more nutrients and vitamins to maintain peak performance.
Not only are workouts tiring on muscles but exercise leads to the gradual buildup of free radicals. IV drips for athletes are designed to flush out free radicals, promote healing, provide fast and thorough re-hydration, and maintain muscle and tissues. These IV drips also contain amino acids, the building blocks of proteins that help the body during the recovery and muscle building process.
IV drips for athletes can:
- Provide fast and effective hydration
- Improve athletic performance
- Reduce recovery time
- Support muscle recovery
- Maintain healthy muscle and tissue
- Flush out free radicals naturally produced by exercise
- Pre-exercise endurance boost
- Recovery plan after a competition or workout
IV drips are ideal for both professional and amateur athletes. The powerful combination of re-hydration and essential nutrients helps the body prepare for a challenging workout or competition and recover more quickly after crossing the finish line.
Benefit #4: Fast Hangover Relief
Alcohol dehydrates and removes nutrients from your body. Tissues in your body shrink (especially in the brain) which leads to headaches and muscle aches. At the same time, your liver produces toxins that can lead to body-wide discomfort. Excessive alcohol consumption – especially when fluids are not being replaced – dehydrates the body more quickly and leads to the symptoms of a
Symptoms of hangovers include:
- Nausea, vomiting
- Stomach pain
- Increased heart rate
- Muscle aches
- Sensitivity to light and sound
- Changes in mood
Hangovers are hard on the body but recovery doesn’t have to be. The combination of ingredients re-hydrates, detoxifies your body, and restores nutrients and electrolytes lost during drinking. Relief from your symptoms within an hour of treatment!