I definitely believe in a “whole health” approach to beauty. If you want to keep from aging and to keep your skin all over looking as best as it can you must treat your body from the inside out! There are a few new beauty treatments on the market today that can truly accomplish that and we’ve tried them out on your behalf. Here’s my review of our favorites:
Organifi – Green Juice Super Food Supplement
So juicing is the rage (for good reason) and I’m an avid daily juicer (read more in my juicing blog here…) but some days it’s harder to get it in than others. In order to keep myself flowing with proper nutrients I indulged in a container of this product. LOADED with nutrients this powder packs in the following super greens: chlorella, moringa, spirulina, mint, matcha green tea and wheat grass. All with amazing health benefits individually when combined together it helps with so many health issues, including improving energy, improving sleep, reducing stress, regulating hormones and reducing appetite. Now that’s an inside-out beauty treatments! It also includes beet powder, Ashwagandha, coconut water, turmeric and lemon. Big helps with anti-aging benefits from turmeric and lemon, while the beet powder helps your nitrate levels keeping your body able to better fight illness. It tastes pretty decent, as it’s sweetened with Monkfruit, a natural fruit that you may find available in your local grocery store. It’s low in calories, just 25 per serving! It definitely has improved many things in my body and I just recently decided to use it daily. I will warn you that periodic use of this product can be a little rough…when you first start it you can get a detox headache from the spirulina in it and if you don’t maintain use you get it every time! So just plan to give it a solid week or even months trial. It is truly improving my health and I’m getting endless compliments on my skin! For more information you can order it from their website, the only thing I don’t like is that they make you sign up for autoshipping, not something I’m a fan of… but you can read more here at Organifi’s Website. Personally, I order from Amazon, the price is higher but I’m not committed to monthly delivery which I prefer. Check it out on Amazon here…
Diatomaceous Earth Powder
Although it’s quite the mouthful, this amazing powder is the secret to regulating digestive issues. After suffering from all kinds of upper and lower digestive problems my good friend Stefani suggested giving this product a whirl. A virtual “roto rooter” of the digestive tract, using this product regularly provides a world of benefits! From the Prairie Homestead blog it does the following:
- Since it sweeps out foreign matter, you will begin to notice better nutrient absorption and less fatigue.
- Studies show that DE can help your body lower cholesterol and high blood pressure. Believe it or not, some users report a 40-60 point drop in blood pressure points after only a month of use.
- The beauty mineral: the silica in DE helps hair and nails grow faster. Since I’ve started taking it, my nails have turned from flimsy to hard as a rock. My hair, which partially fell out earlier this year due to a difficult surgery recovery, has begun filling in nicely. I have read many, many testimonies of people who have reported that it reversed their baldness. The silica also helps reduce wrinkles, age spots, and acne, and it also strengthens teeth and bones, tendons, and joints.
- Metal detoxification: since DE sweeps heavy metals out of the body, this is helpful especially to those with heavy metal poisoning or mercury fillings, which leach mercury constantly into the body. Aluminum is also swept out, lowering the risk for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Helps repair and maintain lung function, acts as a cough decreasing agent
- Helps prevent kidney stones, osteoporosis,
- Decreases vertigo, tinnitus, and insomnia
- Regulates bowel movements, lessens gastrointestinal inflammation, cleans out the colon, treats both diarrhea and constipation. It is a great choice for families on the GAPS diet!
- Treats head lice and fleas (make sure you don’t inhale the powder)
For me personally I have had far less digestive issues since I began using it myself which is a great blessing! It can be used daily as a supplement or I use it 10 days on, then 10 days off just to reduce cost of use. It’s not terribly expensive though. So far no one else I knew has heard of it so I thought it was time to share it with you all! If you like to read more extensive information about it check out 39 Awesome Diatomaceous Earth Uses You Will Want To Try Daily OR How to Use Diatomaceous Earth, both great blogs! My personal favorite version of this powder can be found on Amazon for a great price here, if you don’t buy it, make sure you buy a “food grade” version of this powder!
BRAGG’s Organic Apple Cider Vinegar & Honey Blend
If you haven’t crossed over and tried using some of this vinegar, your body is truly missing out. This particular health food trend is truly backed by science. Taken by blending to make salad dressing or simply drinking in a glass of water, the honey in this combination makes it quite easy to swallow. The major health benefits to using this product are the following:
- It has a high acetic content contains proteins and enzymes that have great biological benefits.
- It is effective at killing pathogens and viruses keeping your body strong to fight disease and acne.
- It’s extremely effective at helping with diabetes and lowering your blood sugar, especially when consuming a high-carb meal.
- Taken before a meal, it actually makes you feel fuller so you eat less.
- With daily use, it lowers cholesterol and risk of heart attacks.
Most of us around the office use this product daily. I’ve definitely seen benefits in reducing acne by taking it as well. It has so many benefits, it definitely worth trying! Here’s my favorite version of this potion on Amazon. To learn more about it, here’s another great article… 12 Things That Will Happen If You Drink Apple Cider Vinegar Daily.
Garden of Life mykind Organic B12 Vitamin
As women, our biggest complaint is generally fatigue, which never looks good on our faces. Sagging and bloodshot eyes are not pretty. My personal favorite solution for fatigue is this awesome tasting, highly effective version of B12. Being liquid makes your body accept it much easier and being made from real organic produce, you can use more or less of this spray as needed depending on what your day requires. 4 -5 sprays is good for every day but if you need more energy than normal you can use up to 8-10 in a day. There are studies that say up to 40% of us are B12 deficient, here are some symptoms from Dr Axe to determine if you might be one of them:
Symptoms of a vitamin B12 deficiency can include:
- Constantly feeling tired or chronic fatigue
- Muscle aches and weakness
- Joint pain
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Feeling dizzy
- Poor memory
- Inability to concentrate well
- Mood changes, like increased depression and anxiety
- Having abnormal heart problems, such as palpitations
- Poor dental health, including bleeding gums and mouth sores
- Digestive problems like nausea, diarrhea or cramping
- A poor appetite
- A more serious deficiency can also cause a form of anemia called pernicious anemia, a serious condition that can cause memory loss, confusion and even long-term dementia
This supplement I can actually feel when I forgot to take it so I can’t stand by it enough, especially for a product that’s less than $15… Check it out here to purchase it or read more information here…
Ritual Women’s Essential Vitamin
If you’re a low maintenance gal that wants to cover most of the essential bases in a single vitamin, this is the product for you. The philosophy at this company is to find premium ingredients that are truly essential to a woman’s body, resourced from the best sources while still keeping it affordable. I also love that they stray away from OVER-SUPPLEMENTING us by finding the best science to determine dosing. With tedious time spent choosing each ingredient and it’s source, it’s the best all-in-one vitamin I’ve ever seen, and it’s cool way it looks doesn’t hurt it at all either.
What’s included in this amazing formula?
- Vitamin K2 – K2 is an awesome vitamin that helps prevent osteoporosis by helping your body better absorb the calcium you eat instead of unnecessarily supplementing it. It also reduces inflammation in the body which helps with a variety of issues.
- Vitamin D3 – The best form of Vitamin D. With Vitamin D Defiency actually creating all sorts of issues with the body, we can all use more. It supports immune function, increases bone density and helps your brain perform at its best.
- Vitamin B12 – See above why you’d want to have more B12 in your diet. If you want to skip the product above and use this, it’s super simple!
- Boron – Boron helps with hormone balancing, increasing Vitamin D absorption and improving joint health. All issues that we could use help with as we age.
- Iron – Adding Iron to your diet increases brain health, energy and the function of our blood. I particularly like their form of Iron because it doesn’t lead to stomach issues like many other version or interrupt thyroid medications.
- Vitamin E – This is a great anti-aging support vitamin, keeping your skin performing its best and reducing aging through its antioxidant benefits.
- Magnesium – I love magnesium, it is a magical mineral that helps so many parts of your body. If you’d like to learn more about my love of magnesium, read this article here… Ritual’s form of magnesium is encapsulated in a cool way in the vitamin, plus its a completely innovative form for the United States that is better used by the body. I’m pretty excited about this new version….
- Folate – A far better version of Folic Acid, this vitamin helps improve mood and brain health.
- Omega 3 – This version has an amazing Omega 3 – far better than Fish Oil in its effectiveness. It helps with immune support, brain health and heart health!
So, as you can see, this pretty much covers the spectrum. And with superior ingredients at a $30 price tag, it’s worth trying out! My only complaint with them is their auto-ship requirement but perhaps over time they’ll loosen that up. Get more information and order from Ritual’s Website here…
So these are our new favorites, we try to keep a watch on the health scene for you so you always have the best, and latest, health information!
– Jennifer Warmann-Bloss
Jennifer is a blogger, a mom and the owner of Elemental Esthetics.
Leave your thoughts on your favorite supplements below and follow me on Facebook to continue learning about beauty and health issues.